Theatre actor dead after heavy drinking session
Melbourne, April 07: A 30-year-old Indian stage artiste, who was found dead under mysterious circumstances in a Sydney hotel, had choked on his own vomit after a heavy drinking session.
D Prakash, who was part of an acclaimed Indian production of Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', was not allowed to board a plane to India two days before he was found dead on March 25 after Sydney airport staff suspected that he was "too intoxicated to fly, a newspaper reported.
The actor, hailing from Tamil Nadu, returned to his hotel room where he continued to drink and later choked on his own vomit, official sources were quoted as saying by the daily. Prakash was found dead at a hotel room three days after the Sydney season of the production ended, Yadu Vansh Dayal of Indian Consulate in Sydney told PTI.
"This has shocked everyone.
It is hard to understand how this all happened. He wasn't a heavy drinker.
Perhaps he was looking to unwind after a hectic schedule and it all went wrong," fellow cast member Faezeh Jalali said. Jalai said Prakash was "extremely popular" among the theatre group.
He loved martial arts and was an extremely talented musician and actor. The British director Tim Supple's multilingual production of the Shakespearean comedy was staged at the Sydney Theatre from March 11-22.
Dayal said the body was sent back to Tamil Nadu for last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Comedienne Bharti Singh REACTS to controversy!
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Prabhas, Rana Daggubati’s ‘Baahubali 2’: And the countdown begins now!