Theatre personality Venukuttan Nair passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: Noted theatre personality and Malayalam film actor P K Venukuttan Nair died here today following a brief illness, family sources said.
Nair (81) was a revered figure in theatre circles in Kerala and a recipient of state government award for best drama director for four times.
He is survied by wife.
Nair was also honoured by Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Acadamy for his outstanding contribution to the filed of drama.
He was the former Vice-President of the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi. He was also a member of the Kendra Sangeetha Nataka Akademi.
"Swayamvaram", "Ulkatal","Swapnadanam" and "Oru Cheru Punchiri" are some of his noted works. He acted in more than 90 plays and directed 20 dramas. He also acted in many films.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'