Theatre personality Venukuttan Nair passes away
Thiruvananthapuram: Noted theatre personality and Malayalam film actor P K Venukuttan Nair died here today following a brief illness, family sources said.
Nair (81) was a revered figure in theatre circles in Kerala and a recipient of state government award for best drama director for four times.
He is survied by wife.
Nair was also honoured by Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Acadamy for his outstanding contribution to the filed of drama.
He was the former Vice-President of the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi. He was also a member of the Kendra Sangeetha Nataka Akademi.
"Swayamvaram", "Ulkatal","Swapnadanam" and "Oru Cheru Punchiri" are some of his noted works. He acted in more than 90 plays and directed 20 dramas. He also acted in many films.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar shares first look of ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ and its might impressive
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children