Theatre role is brilliant: Carey Mulligan
London: `The Great Gatsby` star Carey Mulligan says she was happy to take a role in stage show `Skylight`.
The 28-year-old actress is returning to London`s West End theatre after a long hiatus to star alongside Bill Nighy in a revival of playwright David Hare`s `Skylight` and she was glad to receive the opportunity, reportedly.
"There are so few brilliantly written female characters out there and she`s such a great opportunity," Mulligan said. Since her last theatre appearance in `The Seagull` in 2008, the actress has won numerous awards for her roles in films such as `An Education` and `Never Let Me Go`, but she confessed the storyline of `Skylight` persuaded her to return to the stage.
"I was drawn to the intimacy of it, and how it was so focused on one conversation and how two people who have history both see the same event," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Move Your Lakk song alert! 'Noor' Sonakshi Sinha shimmers with Diljit Dosanjh and Badshah
- Aamir Khan to sign a whopping Rs 20 cr 'Dangal' deal with Netflix?
- Salman Khan wraps up first schedule of 'Tiger Zinda Hai', bids goodbye to freezing Austria!
- Shah Rukh Khan's home has a 'spidey boom' and Abram is enjoying it like a boss!
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Ugadi 2017: Here’s how the Telugu, Kannada New Year is celebrated
- Navreh 2017: How Kashmiri Pandits welcome New Year!
- Not just 'Adarsh Bhartiya Nari', Sita was a warrior, says Amish Tripathi
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends