Theatre role is brilliant: Carey Mulligan
London: `The Great Gatsby` star Carey Mulligan says she was happy to take a role in stage show `Skylight`.
The 28-year-old actress is returning to London`s West End theatre after a long hiatus to star alongside Bill Nighy in a revival of playwright David Hare`s `Skylight` and she was glad to receive the opportunity, reportedly.
"There are so few brilliantly written female characters out there and she`s such a great opportunity," Mulligan said. Since her last theatre appearance in `The Seagull` in 2008, the actress has won numerous awards for her roles in films such as `An Education` and `Never Let Me Go`, but she confessed the storyline of `Skylight` persuaded her to return to the stage.
"I was drawn to the intimacy of it, and how it was so focused on one conversation and how two people who have history both see the same event," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks