Tipu Sultan painting to be auctioned in Britain
New Delhi: British Auction house Mullock`s will auction an array of Indian artefacts, including a painting on Tipu Sultan, in late September, said a statement here Wednesday.
The sale is slated to take place Sep 27 at Ludlow Racecourse, in Shropshire, said a Mullock statement.
"We are excited about this sale as we have a number of important pieces relating to India," said Richard West-Wood Brookes, Mullock`s specialist.
According to the auction house, the highlight of the sale is a painting depicting death of Tipu Sultan, dating to 1828.
"Another highlight is a 18th Century watercolour painting of Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple by British artist Lt. James Hunter.
"Other notable pieces include several early books on Mahatma Gandhi, artefacts relating to the Sikhs and Punjab and a selection of Indian miniature paintings, among other historical documents relating to India," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Sizzling Mallika Sherawat does head-stand like a pro!- WATCH
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier