Tipu Sultan painting to be auctioned in Britain
New Delhi: British Auction house Mullock`s will auction an array of Indian artefacts, including a painting on Tipu Sultan, in late September, said a statement here Wednesday.
The sale is slated to take place Sep 27 at Ludlow Racecourse, in Shropshire, said a Mullock statement.
"We are excited about this sale as we have a number of important pieces relating to India," said Richard West-Wood Brookes, Mullock`s specialist.
According to the auction house, the highlight of the sale is a painting depicting death of Tipu Sultan, dating to 1828.
"Another highlight is a 18th Century watercolour painting of Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple by British artist Lt. James Hunter.
"Other notable pieces include several early books on Mahatma Gandhi, artefacts relating to the Sikhs and Punjab and a selection of Indian miniature paintings, among other historical documents relating to India," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Designing for theatre different from films: Manish Malhotra
- Annual Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav opens on Oct 15
- Rajasthan International Folk Festival opens in Jodhpur
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Ramlila programme cancelled over opposition
- Maa Durga’s blessings for our Jawans: See Sudarsan Pattnaik’s touching sand art