Tipu Sultan painting to be auctioned in Britain
New Delhi: British Auction house Mullock`s will auction an array of Indian artefacts, including a painting on Tipu Sultan, in late September, said a statement here Wednesday.
The sale is slated to take place Sep 27 at Ludlow Racecourse, in Shropshire, said a Mullock statement.
"We are excited about this sale as we have a number of important pieces relating to India," said Richard West-Wood Brookes, Mullock`s specialist.
According to the auction house, the highlight of the sale is a painting depicting death of Tipu Sultan, dating to 1828.
"Another highlight is a 18th Century watercolour painting of Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple by British artist Lt. James Hunter.
"Other notable pieces include several early books on Mahatma Gandhi, artefacts relating to the Sikhs and Punjab and a selection of Indian miniature paintings, among other historical documents relating to India," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- 10th Jaipur Literature Festival kicks off in style; Gulzar, Anne Waldman deliver keynote address
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary