Tom Hanks negotiating for first Broadway role
Washington: Tom Hanks is in talks to make his Broadway debut in 2013.
The ‘Da Vinci Code’ star will lead the cast of Lucky Guy, which is about the New York Daily News columnist Mike Mcalary, who covered some of the biggest crimes and police corruption scandals in the 1980s and ````90s, the Contactmusic reported.
‘When Harry Met Sally’ screenwriter Nora Ephron has written the script and the play will be directed by George C. Wolfe.
Hanks last appeared on the stage in year 1979, when he appeared in a New York production of The Mandrake.
The rehearsals are expected to begin in January 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic