Tom Hanks negotiating for first Broadway role
Washington: Tom Hanks is in talks to make his Broadway debut in 2013.
The ‘Da Vinci Code’ star will lead the cast of Lucky Guy, which is about the New York Daily News columnist Mike Mcalary, who covered some of the biggest crimes and police corruption scandals in the 1980s and ````90s, the Contactmusic reported.
‘When Harry Met Sally’ screenwriter Nora Ephron has written the script and the play will be directed by George C. Wolfe.
Hanks last appeared on the stage in year 1979, when he appeared in a New York production of The Mandrake.
The rehearsals are expected to begin in January 2013.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Social stigma on HIV/AIDS should be pulled down: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar yearns to work with Anurag Kashyap again
- Esteemed sarangi maestro Ustad Sabri Khan passes away
- Serena Williams goes nude for 2016 Pirelli Calendar shoot
- 'Bajirao Mastani' vs 'Dilwale': Which one will outshine the other?