Tom Hanks negotiating for first Broadway role
Washington: Tom Hanks is in talks to make his Broadway debut in 2013.
The ‘Da Vinci Code’ star will lead the cast of Lucky Guy, which is about the New York Daily News columnist Mike Mcalary, who covered some of the biggest crimes and police corruption scandals in the 1980s and ````90s, the Contactmusic reported.
‘When Harry Met Sally’ screenwriter Nora Ephron has written the script and the play will be directed by George C. Wolfe.
Hanks last appeared on the stage in year 1979, when he appeared in a New York production of The Mandrake.
The rehearsals are expected to begin in January 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh’s ‘Phillauri’ picks up steam at the Box Office
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'Romeo Akbar Walter' posters unveiled!
- Gudi Padwa 2017: Timing, Tithi and Vidhi
- Spiritual retreats may uplift mood, behaviour
- Aadhaar verification boosts user confidence on matrimonial sites, reveals survey
- Not just 'Adarsh Bhartiya Nari', Sita was a warrior, says Amish Tripathi
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Attention young mothers! Here are a few tips for you
- World Water Day: Five simple things you can do everyday to SAVE water