Tupac Shakur musical to open on Broadway
London: Rapper Tupac Shakur`s music will be used for a new stage musical.
The rapper`s greatest hits will be used for a non-biographical stage production called `Holler If Ya Hear Me`, which will open at the Palace Theatre in New York this June, reported Digital Spy.
The title of the musical is a reference to Tupac`s 1992 single of the same name, which featured samples from Public Enemy, Funkadelic and George Clinton.
The plot of `Holler If Ya Hear Me` will centre around two friends from the Midwest and their inner city lives.
Tupac`s mother Afeni Shakur is producing the show, while Kenny Leon will direct.
Meanwhile, it has been claimed that Tupac auditioned for the role of a Jedi Master in `Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace`, but eventually lost out to Samuel J Jackson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss