Tupac Shakur musical to open on Broadway
London: Rapper Tupac Shakur`s music will be used for a new stage musical.
The rapper`s greatest hits will be used for a non-biographical stage production called `Holler If Ya Hear Me`, which will open at the Palace Theatre in New York this June, reported Digital Spy.
The title of the musical is a reference to Tupac`s 1992 single of the same name, which featured samples from Public Enemy, Funkadelic and George Clinton.
The plot of `Holler If Ya Hear Me` will centre around two friends from the Midwest and their inner city lives.
Tupac`s mother Afeni Shakur is producing the show, while Kenny Leon will direct.
Meanwhile, it has been claimed that Tupac auditioned for the role of a Jedi Master in `Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace`, but eventually lost out to Samuel J Jackson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor look sizzling hot on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar
- What’s Salman Khan’s connection with ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’ cast
- Why Kris Jenner blasted former husband Caitlyn
- Miley Cyrus uses sunflowers to cover her modesty
- Once an artiste, always an artiste, says Aishwarya Rai on comeback