Tupac Shakur musical to open on Broadway
London: Rapper Tupac Shakur`s music will be used for a new stage musical.
The rapper`s greatest hits will be used for a non-biographical stage production called `Holler If Ya Hear Me`, which will open at the Palace Theatre in New York this June, reported Digital Spy.
The title of the musical is a reference to Tupac`s 1992 single of the same name, which featured samples from Public Enemy, Funkadelic and George Clinton.
The plot of `Holler If Ya Hear Me` will centre around two friends from the Midwest and their inner city lives.
Tupac`s mother Afeni Shakur is producing the show, while Kenny Leon will direct.
Meanwhile, it has been claimed that Tupac auditioned for the role of a Jedi Master in `Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace`, but eventually lost out to Samuel J Jackson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier