TV helps promote classical music: Zakir Hussain
Agra: Tabla maestro Zakir Hussain says he supports reality shows on TV as they promote musical understanding and make classical music popular.
Hussain also told the media after a show here Wednesday evening that he was conserving the "heritage of Amir Khusro" and promoting Sufi music.
He said he was elated he had performed in the Taj city. ‘Taj mohabbat ki daastaan kahta hai’.
Just 500 metres from the 17th century monument of love, hundreds of music lovers enjoyed Hussain`s show.
Hussain said he was indeed lucky to be presenting a programme in such a beautiful setting against the backdrop of the Taj Mahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Sunil Grover OUT of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'? Here's the TRUTH
- Attention young mothers! Here are a few tips for you
- World Water Day: Five simple things you can do everyday to SAVE water
- Namami Brahmaputra theme song sung by Amitabh Bachchan, Papon unveiled
- World Water Day 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik’s sand art will inspire you to save water
- Odissi dancers dance to Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of You’, prove ‘dance and music have no language barriers’