Underwater Cultural relics found in South China Sea
Beijing: Twelve underwater cultural relics sites were discovered in South China Sea.
The sites near Xisha Islands contain ancient pottery and porcelain wares, copper coins and boat parts, Xinhua quoted the Hainan cultural heritage bureau as saying Sunday.
The Xisha Islands consist of a cluster of about 40 islets, sand banks and reefs.
In ancient days, many Chinese merchant ships struck the reefs and sank while sailing to Southeast Asia, India and Middle East, leaving treasures and cultural relics in the sea.
Image courtesy: http://www.xray-mag.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Katrina Kaif in swimsuit - Check out this pic
- Who is miffed with Vidya Balan for supporting Kangana Ranaut?
- Mother’s Day: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik pays beautiful tribute to Mothers