Works of 168 artists at Lalit Kala Akademi exhibition
New Delhi: Art works of 168 artists from different parts of India are to be displayed in an exhibition here that begins March 20, the organisers said Wednesday.
The 55th edition of Lalit Kala Akademi`s annual exhibition ‘National exhibition of Art’ has put together works of different medium: oil and acrylic on canvas, stone and bronze sculptures, charcoal paints, etchings and ceramic artwork. The exhibition ends April 10.
Apart from this, the Akademi, a government institution that promotes and develops Indian fine art, has also chosen works of 10 artists for their prestigious National Award for 2013.
These awards will be conferred Thursday.
Among others, artist Manoj Kumar Mohanty for ‘Dust Cleaner’, Mohammed Ayazuddin Patel for ‘Bijapur Heritage’, Nongmaithem Nandaraj Singh for ‘Great Dictator’, Rajesh Kumar Singh for ‘Struggle in Life’ and Sumana Som for ‘Dramatic Dream’ will each receive Rs.100,000 cash prize, a plaque and a certificate.
All these works were chosen by a screening committee.
"The works in the current exhibition merit attention on account of their challenging content, epitomizing creative features, individual commitment, discriminating quality of methods, materials used and more, so that the exhibition becomes a true representation of the dimensions of contemporary art thinking nationally," Ramakrishna Vedala, secretary, Lalit Kala Akademi, said in a statement.
According to K.K. Chakravarty, chairperson, Lalit Kala Akademi said: "The exhibition lends extraordinary meaning to ordinary objects by associating them in unforeseen permutations and combinations, in simultaneity and fusion."
"It builds bridges between the corporeal and incorporeal, figurative and non-figurative, to express the inexpressible, and to communicate a sense of urgency for diagnosing and curing the radically fractured human condition," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film fests good for spotlight: Budding Assamese filmmaker
- Documentary on A R Rahman screened at White House
- 'Baahubali' trailer to be out on June 1
- 'Massu Engira Masilamani' - Regular revenge drama with spooky twist
- 'Piku' finds success in distant Poland
- 'Demonte Colony' performs well at box office
- Shah Rukh Khan catches up on 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'!
- Makers of 'Kashmora' use 360-degree camera rig
- Shilpa Shetty takes Bollywood to London via radio
- 'Gabbar Singh 2' goes on floors, Pawan to soon join
- Regional cuisines to dominate in coming year: Chef Sanjay Thomas
- Shilpa Shetty takes Bollywood to London via radio
- Dharmendra discharged from hospital, to undergo surgery later
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter family hits 15 million!
- When Anushka, Priyanka waited for the boys!
- When Shah Rukh Khan wasted an opportunity given by ‘Raees’ team
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Deepika finds Ranveer 'incredible' in 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Check out: How cute AbRam looks in Shah Rukh's shoes
- 'American Idol' was worst experience for Mariah Carey
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Baal nahi ball ko dekho: Sachin Tendulkar's tip to tackle Lasith Malinga