New York: ‘Iron Man 2’ actor Mickey Rourke has opened about his plastic surgery which went bad and how he continues to try and correct the 2008 hatchet job ever since.
The actor famously underwent surgery in an attempt to regain his once-handsome looks, which he lost when he became a professional boxer in 1991 after his career in Hollywood fizzled.
Rourke returned to acting after he was advised to stop boxing due to neurological problems, reported Huffington Post.
Photos taken last year show ‘The Wrestler’ star`s latest journey under the knife, and the 60-year-old actor looks more like he took a beating than he is in post-surgery recovery.
The photos were obtained by the National Enquirer, and show Rourke with his swollen face, bruised eyes and bandaged head.
"I had my nose broken twice. I had five operations on my nose and one on a smashed cheekbone. I had to have cartilage taken from my ear to rebuild my nose and a couple of operations to scrape out the cartilage because the scar tissue wasn`t healing properly. That was one of the most painful operations, but the worst was haemorrhoids," he said.
The actor says most of the surgery was to mend the mess on his face because of the boxing, but he went to the wrong guy to put his face back together.
First Published: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:27