`2 States` crosses Rs.100-crore mark
New Delhi: Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt-starrer ‘2 States’ has joined the Rs.100-crore club.
Said to have been made on a budget of approximately Rs.45 crore, ‘2 States’ released in over 2,000 screens in India April 18.
“‘2 States’ hits a ton. Crosses Rs.100 crore mark. Rs.102.13 crore nett. Super Hit,” trade analyst Taran Adarsh posted on Twitter Monday.
Co-produced by Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala, distributed by UTV Motion Pictures, and directed by Abhishek Varman, the movie is based on a bestseller by author Chetan Bhagat.
The movie is about two states, different cultures and families and one love story.
‘2 States’, based on Bhagat`s book ‘2 States - The Story Of My Marriage’, also stars Ronit Roy, Amrita Singh and Revathy.
Celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Prabhudheva, Riteish Deshmukh and Sonakshi Sinha also praised the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification