`ABCD 2`: Varun plays Suresh from Fictitious Dance Academy
Mumbai: You might see Varun Dhawan spending a lot of time these days with a young dancer named Suresh from Nala Sopara because he is playing him in Remo D`Souza`s directorial venture ‘ABCD 2’, the sequel to ‘ABCD - Any Body Can Dance’.
The inspirational dance film is based on the true-life story of four boys - Rohit, Pavan, Suresh and Vernon - who are part of a dance institute named Fictitious Dance Academy.
Even more interestingly, Suresh, whom Varun Dhawan plays, also has a role in ‘ABCD 2’.
"I thought I had exhausted my appetite for a dance film when I made `ABCD`. But then I came across the real-life story of these boys from Nala Sopara who went all the way from their home town to win a dance show in Las Vegas. I knew I had to tell their story," said Remo.
"Four of the boys Pavan, Rohit, Vernon and Suresh are in the cast of `ABCD 2`. And yes, Varun plays Suresh," he addd.
Varun, who proved his mettle in films like ‘Student Of The Year’ and ‘Main Tera Hero’, has been asked to spend time with Suresh to understand the mind of the dancing wizard who had the guts to dream of the sky.
"I chose Varun because I needed someone who could dance. And I mean, really dance," said the choreographer-director.
"I also needed a very good actor since the character`s journey is not only about dancing but also his aspirations and dreams. It wouldn`t have been enough for my protagonist to simply be a fabulous dancer, like Suresh. The actor also had to express Suresh`s feelings.
"Varun is both a dancer and an actor. I am convinced he will bring Suresh to life... He had better, since the real Suresh is also in the film," added Remo.
Besides Varun, the film also stars Prabhudheva, Shraddha Kapoor, who was seen in ‘Aashiqui 2’ and ‘Ek Villain’, and Lauren Gottlieb, the international dancer-actress who made her bow in Bollywood with Remo`s 3D dance movie ‘ABCD’.
Explaining his cast profile, Remo said: "I am asked why Shraddha in a dance film as we`ve never seen her dance in any of her her films so far. I just felt Shraddha has great grace and enormous fluidity in her body language. And I was right. Shraddha is a fabulous dancer. Besides, of course, being a terrific actress which she has already proved."
Unlike Varun`s character in ‘ABCD 2’, Shraddha`s character is fictitious.
"We needed a strong female presence. So I wrote her character into the real story. As for Prabhudheva, he will play a dance teacher named Vishnu Sir, like he did in the first film.
"But although he has the same name and same profession, Prabhudheva plays a different teacher this time. I`ve just taken his character from `ABCD` and placed it in different perspective in `ABCD 2`," said Remo.
‘ABCD 2’ starts shooting from Aug 1.
"The first schedule is in Mumbai. And then we shoot in Las Vegas in September."
The sequel to ‘ABCD’ would be far bigger in terms of canvas, scope, characterisation and budget, said Remo.
"I hope to take the sequel much ahead of the first film. It`s a long journey and it`s a true story, therefore, it`s a double responsibility. We`re looking forward to starting the film.
"We`ll miss KM Menon and Ganesh Acharya, who had stellar roles in the first film but are not part of the second film," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ed Sheeran may take year off
- Famed Detroit jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave dies at 78
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot share Cannes best actress award
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Anushka Sharma has evolved as an actor, person: Ranveer Singh
- Haryana to set up three museums
- 'Mohenjodaro' wraps up 101 days of shoot in Bhuj
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' a world-class film: Anil Kapoor
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Bruce Greenwood joins 'American Crime Story'
- Puneet Issar approached for 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
- Excited that 'Dr Who' is finally in India: Steven Moffat
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- Nick Nolte to play disgraced US president in new series
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Lebanon's Hezbollah urges backing for fight against IS
- Mbose SSLC 10th Results 2015: Meghalaya Board (mbose.in & megresults.nic.in) Class 10th exam results 2015 to be announced today on May 25
- Mbose HSSLC 12th Arts Results 2015: Meghalaya Board (mbose.in & megresults.nic.in) Class 12th Arts exam results 2015 to be announced today on May 25