`B.A. Pass` not vulgar: Director Ajay Bahl
Mumbai: Debutant filmmaker Ajay Bahl`s forthcoming movie ‘B.A. Pass’ may focus on male prostitution, but he claims that he has made the film in a "dignified manner".
An adaptation of Mohan Sikka`s short story ‘The Railway Aunty’, the film is erotic in nature.
"When we choose a subject like this, there is a greater chance of moving towards obscenity. I am saying again and again that `B.A. Pass` is not vulgar and I have made the film in a very dignified manner," Bahl said.
Bahl feels that the way he presents the story in the film, "people wouldn`t have seen that in Indian cinema".
He also informs that it is easier to adapt a short story into a film compared to a novel.
"A short story has its characters, a plot, which are easy to adapt into a film. While on the other side, picking up a novel and writing a film`s screenplay from it is a task in itself," he said.
"So I would suggest that if somebody is going for an adaptation, then go for a short story as it is easier to do," he added.
‘B.A. Pass’ stars ‘Chak De! India’ fame actress Shilpa Shukla as Sarika Aunty, a seductress who seduces a small town boy, played by Shadab Kamal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Court to pronounce verdict today
- Former ‘Bigg Boss’ contestant Mandana Karimi engaged; wedding bells to ring soon
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer