`Bhaag Milkha Bhaag`, `Kai Po Che` trailers to go with `Dabangg 2`
Mumbai: Around 14 producers and directors were trying to attach their movies` theatrical trailers to Salman Khan-starrer ‘Dabangg 2’, which releases Dec 21. But only two films have made it – ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ and ‘Kai Po Che’.
‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ stars Farhan Akhtar, and is directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, while ‘Kai Po Che’ is helmed by Abhishek Kapoor, and features actors Sushant Singh Rajput, Amit Sadh and Rajkumar Yadav.
Both the movies` trailers have been picked because of Salman and his brother Arbaaz Khan`s personal relationship with the people involved.
Confirming the news, Arbaaz said: "Farhan Akhtar is a very close family friend. Salman and I have grown up with Farhan. He personally requested for `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` trailer to go with our film sometime ago. There was no question of refusing."
"Then we saw the `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` trailer attached to `Talaash`. So we asked Farhan if he still wants his trailer with `Dabangg 2`. He said `yes`. So it`s there."
"The other trailer going with our film is also a dear friend`s film. Gattu (Abhishek Kapoor) and I have known each other for years. He wanted his trailer of `Kai Po Che` to go with our film. So it is going. No questions asked."
Arbaaz admits there was an avalanche of requests for trailers to go with ‘Dabangg 2’.
"I`d have loved to say yes to all of them. I love watching trailers when I go for a movie, the more the merrier. However, we wanted `Dabangg 2` to be of a particular length - no more than two hours and 10 minutes, so that exhibitors could squeeze in an extra show if they so wanted, since there`s an unusual demand for screenings of `Dabangg 2`," he said.
The trailers of both the films are being digitally encoded into prints of ‘Dabangg 2’, which means they have to be screened with the main feature film and cannot be deleted at the whim of individual exhibitors.
"The decision to attach the two trailers was purely emotional. We didn`t think of what should go with our film. We only thought of the personal equation that we share with the people who asked to attach their trailers with us," said Arbaaz.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!