`Citylights` not a festival film: Mahesh Bhatt
Mumbai: Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, who is backing `Citylights`, a remake of "Metro Manila", says Hansal Mehta`s directorial venture should not be described as festival movie because it has all the elements of a commercial cinema.
" `Citylights` is not a festival film. It`s an Indian film, it has an Indian story, it has fragrance of our own people and it has songs in it. We have got amazing feedback so far. It`s a very brave idea to make the film," Bhatt told reporters Monday at the unveiling of 26 minutes` footage of "Citylights".
Though it`s a remake, Mehta said he has yet to see the British movie.
Mehta said: "It`s an adaptation of `Metro Manila`, but myself, Rajkummar Rao, Patraalekha have not seen the film yet. Rishab Shah, the writer of the film, has seen it and he came up with the idea. This is a kind of a film that we have stopped making."
Mehta, who has roped in Rajkummar Rao, post "Shahid", said: "Rajkummar is my muse and he is my favourite actor. We have roped in new girl, Patraleka,, and we call her the wonder girl."
Rajkummar describes "Citylights" as one of his most special films. "It was a very challenging role and I got completely drained out working in the film," he added.
The film is slated for a May 30 release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop