`D Day` does not glorify underworld, says Arjun Rampal
Mumbai: Actor Arjun Rampal insists that his upcoming movie `D Day`, which is reportedly modelled on underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, does not glamorise or glorify any underworld person.
Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor plays a negative role in the film, while Rampal essays the character of an ex-officer of an Indian Armed Forces unit. Actor Irrfan Khan plays an undercover RAW official and Huma Qureshi an explosive expert.
"We did not glamorise or glorify any underworld person. The film is about Irrfan, Huma and me who go to Karachi to bring the most wanted man in India. It is about their story," Arjun said.
Sharing similar sentiments, director Nikhil Advani said, "The film is not about underworld, it is not about bhaigiri. It is a spy thriller... There are RAW agents. It is about four patriots who go to bring back India`s most wanted man."
Arjun is happy with the response the film`s promos has received.
"We got lot of positivity after releasing the first look. As it appears as a different story, there is interest among the audience about the film," he said.
Though, several films have been made involving RAW agents, Irrfan insists "D Day" is different and a step ahead of others.
"The nuances of that profession is shown in detail in the film. People will get to know as to how the intelligence services operate... Like how they pass information, an advertisement is placed in a newspaper, how things are decoded," Irrfan said.
"My character has his own life, has family. They never reveal anything even to the closest of people," he said.
The film opens in theatres on July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?