`Dabangg 2` beats `Dabangg` opening day record; collects over 20 crore
New Delhi: `Dabangg 2`, the sequel to 2010 Bollywood blockbuster `Dabangg` has managed to surpass the opening day collections of the original movie. It amassed Rs.21.10 crore in India on the day of its release.
The movie, starring Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha, hit screens Friday.
The directorial debut of actor-producer Arbaaz Khan, `Dabangg 2` opened to packed houses and managed to rake in Rs. 21.10 crore on the opening day itself.
It is said to one of the highest opening for any non-holiday release in Bollywood till date. `Dabangg 2` surpassed the first day collections of even Akshay Kumar`s `Rowdy Rathore`, which earned Rs.15 crores. It was a non-holiday release too.
The original `Dabangg` was directed by Abhinav Kashyap, and it had managed to rake in Rs.14.5 crore on its first day, nationally.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Social stigma on HIV/AIDS should be pulled down: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar yearns to work with Anurag Kashyap again
- Esteemed sarangi maestro Ustad Sabri Khan passes away
- Serena Williams goes nude for 2016 Pirelli Calendar shoot
- 'Bajirao Mastani' vs 'Dilwale': Which one will outshine the other?