`Dabba` wins critics week viewers choice award at Cannes
New Delhi: Director Ritesh Batra`s debut film ‘Dabba’ (Lunchbox) has won the critics week viewers choice award at the 66th Cannes International Film Festival.
Produced by Anurag Kashyap, the film, featuring Irrfan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Nimrat Kaur, also received appreciation during the screening at the festival.
Even Anurag Kashyap, who was conferred with the French honour Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters, posted on Twitter: "It`s begun. `Lunchbox` wins critics week viewers choice award. It`s called the Golden Rail or something. Yay."
Irrfan had earlier posted on Twitter: "The `Lunchbox` has started spreading its wings, outstanding response."
After the movie won the critics award, the 46-year-old posted: "Just got the news the `Lunchbox` won its first award at Cannes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Singh Is Bliing': Prabhudheva gives sneak peaks of rustic sets
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui thanks audience for 'Manjhi- The Mountain Man' success
- Teen girls cover up mirrors to value inner beauty
- Here's how Indian cuisine essentials can give you glowing skin
- Karan Johar rejoices 7 million Twitter followers