`Dedh Ishqiya` review: Madhuri proves to be the Begum of Bollywood
Back in 2010, there was `Ishqiya`, and now, there is `Dedh Ishqiya`, albeit with edgier characters and a plot that will keep you glued to the screen right till the end.
Director Abhishek Chaubey, takes the risk of carrying forward the storyline from where the trio of Khalu (Naseeruddin Shah), Krishna (Vidya Balan), and Babban (Arshad Warsi) left off after being done with their antics. He has certainly come up with an even more convincing picture painted in dark colours with a tinge of comedy.
This time around, Babban, Khalu and the don Mustaq (Salman Shahid) reprise their roles, but there is a twist(s) in the story. Khalujaan has a special plan at work. He smartly dons the garb of a shayar called Iftikhaar Hussain in order to win over the beautiful Begum Para of Mahmudabad, who is on a massive groom hunt after her husband`s demise. The Begum had promised her late husband to remarry the one who could woo her with his shayari.
The graceful Begum Para has an attendant cum confidant, Munira, always by her side. On the other hand, there is a politician named Jaan Mohammad Khan (Vijay Raaz), who is also trying tooth and nail to have the beautiful Begum as his bride. This is when the men waiting with bated breath for the Begum`s affections have a conspiracy at hand to be executed when the time is ripe. The women too don`t fail to surprise the men and the audiences with their novel shenanigans.
With a cast boasting of pro names of showbiz like Naseeruddin Shah, Vijay Raaz, Arshad, Huma and last but not the least, Madhuri, `Dedh Ishqiya` is a dark gem for the connoisseurs of this genre. Madhuri exudes a charming aura on-screen, and Huma rules every frame she appears on. The chemistry between Madhuri and Naseer saab looks a tad forced perhaps because of their wide age gap, but we will go for the madcap tricks cooked up by the duo Babban and Khalu.
The music delivered by Vishal Bhardwaj is adept in rendering the required force and conviction to the film`s story. Moreover, the neatly edited scenes make the film a captivating treat for the eyes.
Everything about `Dedh Ishqiya` stands on its own and stands out. Whether you watch it for the Begum`s magic or Babban and Khalu – this caper is sure to delight you.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?