`Dhadkan 2` shooting to start this year: Producer
New Delhi: A sequel to the 2000 hit romantic drama ‘Dhadkan’ has been finalised by producer Ratan Jain and it will go on the floors this year.
The previous movie was directed by Dharmesh Darshan and the love triangle featured Akshay Kumar, Shilpa Shetty and Suniel Shetty.
"A lot of people have been constantly asking me about our plans of making `Dhadkan 2`. Hence, I am happy to announce that we plan to go on the floors this year," Jain said in a statement.
Talking about the plot, he added: "The essence of the film will remain the same however, the new age sensibilities will be kept in mind."
Titled ‘Dhadkan 2 - The Heart Beats Once Again’, the sequel is expected to release in 2014.
Darshan will wield the megaphone for the sequel and he feels it will be challenging to replicate the success of the first movie.
Darshan, who goes behind the camera after a gap, says he is "humbled and honoured" and promises to "give `Dhadkan 2` as much or more than I gave to `Dhadkan` itself..."
"Yes, to follow up what is considered a classic is challenging," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC stalls film; cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification