`Dhobi Ghat` closing film at River to River film fest
New Delhi: Kiran Rao`s directorial debut `Dhobi Ghat` has been chosen as the closing film for the 11th edition of the River to River Florence Indian Film Festival starting Dec 2.
According to the festival`s website, the week-long event will open with Anindo Bandopadhyay`s Bengali film `Chaplin` and also has a special `Rabindranath Tagore focus` section where a documentary by Satyajit Ray will talk about the life and work of the celebrated poet, writer and philosopher.
Ray`s `Ghare Baire`, based on Tagore`s novel, will also be screened at the festival.
Apart from this, Tapan Sinha`s Bengali film `Khudito Pashan`, a 1960`s film is also based on Tagore`s novel.
The festival, which will end Nov 8, will also showcase Ray`s 1961`s film `Teen Kanya`.
Among other popular Bollywood movies, Onir`s `I Am` and Zoya Akhtar`s `Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara` will also be screened at the festival.
Shoaib Mansoo`s `Bol`, Surjo Deb`s `Adda: Calcutta`, Nirmal Chande`s `Dreaming Taj Mahal` and Rohan Fernando`s `Snow` are also lined up for screening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol in 'magical' 'Dilwale' pose!
- Ketan Mehta to donate share of profits to Manjhi's village
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed