`Dhobi Ghat` closing film at River to River film fest
New Delhi: Kiran Rao`s directorial debut `Dhobi Ghat` has been chosen as the closing film for the 11th edition of the River to River Florence Indian Film Festival starting Dec 2.
According to the festival`s website, the week-long event will open with Anindo Bandopadhyay`s Bengali film `Chaplin` and also has a special `Rabindranath Tagore focus` section where a documentary by Satyajit Ray will talk about the life and work of the celebrated poet, writer and philosopher.
Ray`s `Ghare Baire`, based on Tagore`s novel, will also be screened at the festival.
Apart from this, Tapan Sinha`s Bengali film `Khudito Pashan`, a 1960`s film is also based on Tagore`s novel.
The festival, which will end Nov 8, will also showcase Ray`s 1961`s film `Teen Kanya`.
Among other popular Bollywood movies, Onir`s `I Am` and Zoya Akhtar`s `Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara` will also be screened at the festival.
Shoaib Mansoo`s `Bol`, Surjo Deb`s `Adda: Calcutta`, Nirmal Chande`s `Dreaming Taj Mahal` and Rohan Fernando`s `Snow` are also lined up for screening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's 'Sarbjit' mints Rs 22.09 cr at Box Office!
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!
- Meet the ladies of 'Housefull3' in a brand new POSTER—See inside
- 'The Jungle Book' rakes in moolah at Box Office, all set to cross Rs 200 crore in India!