`Dhoom 3` races for Rs 300 crore mark
Mumbai: The makers of `Dhoom 3` have found the pot of gold with the fast-paced action thriller. The Hindi box office business of the Aamir Khan-starrer has reached Rs.211 crore and, looking at its pace, trade pundits predict it will soon cross the benchmark set by Shah Rukh Khan-starrer `Chennai Express`, which became the biggest grosser by earning Rs.216 crore.
Also starring Katrina Kaif, Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra, `Dhoom 3` came out on Dec 20 on around 4,000 screens in the country. Estimated to be made on a budget of about Rs.100 crore, the film has been produced by Yash Raj Films.
Rajesh Thadani of Multimedia Combines said: "`Dhoom:3` has collected around Rs.211 crore only in Hindi all over India. In other languages, the film has collected around Rs.10 crore."
The overseas collection of director Vijay Krishna Acharya`s offering is also overwhelming.
"As far as overseas collection is concerned, the film has almost collected around Rs.100 crore, so in totality `Dhoom: 3` has collected over Rs.300 crore, which is terrific in nine days," Thadani said.
If `Dhoom:3`, the third successful film in the `Dhoom` franchise, maintains its collection, then it will break the record of `Chennai Express`, according to Sanjay Ghai of Mukta Arts.
"Today is the ninth day and `Dhoom:3` has collected Rs.211 crore, which is outstanding and it was the same with `Chennai Express`. And if the film maintains (the collection), then tomorrow (Monday) it will break the `Chennai Express` record," he said.
"I am confident it will cross Rs.300 crore in India, provided the film doesn`t show any dip in the collection," he added.
Thadani too predicts the same.
"I see the film anywhere in the range of Rs.250 to Rs.300 crore as it`s doing exceptionally well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Taylor Swift goes on dinner date with Calvin Harris
- I have a coolest relationship with God: Justin Bieber
- Rihanna posts daring gun-toting photo on Instagram
- Robert Rodriguez to helm Jonny Quest film
- Robert Rodriguez to helm Jonny Quest film
- Kaley Cuoco dyes her hair, eyebrows bright bubblegum pink
- Dylan Bruce joins 'Heroes Reborn'
- The new 'X-Files' script made me cry: David Duchovny
- Kabir Khan shows 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser to fans
- Confirmed: Rekha exits 'Fitoor', Tabu steps in
- ‘Son of Sardaar’ Ajay Devgn grabs Diwali 2017 slot!
- Emoji, meme, photobomb, twerk among new Merriam-Webster words
- Scrapbook provides rare insight to India's cinema history
- Flights of imagination: An aeronautical engineer as a famous novelist
- Comic book king Stan Lee to come out with graphic memoir
- Julianna Margulies to author children's picture book
- Unfinished memoirs of Orson Welles found
- Pamela Anderson to launch her photo book
- We are committed to fulfilling Dinkar ji's dreams: PM Modi
- Barbra Streisand's memoir to arrive in 2017
- Chelsea Clinton book 'It's Your World' coming
- British pianist wins right to publish memoirs of abuse
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow