`Ferrari Ki Sawari` director`s next to be a musical film
Mumbai: Director Rajesh Mapuskar, who made his debut last year with "Ferrari Ki Sawari", is now penning the script for a musical film.
"I am writing the script of my next film. It will be a musical. I will make it in a way that it has feel of the olden as well modern times. I can`t reveal too much as we are still in the process of scripting," Mapuskar, told PTI.
"I love music. I felt something could be done in that space," Mapuskar, who has been an assistant director for films like `3 Idiots` and `Lage Raho Munnabhai`, said.
When asked if he has any actors in mind for the film, he said, "As of now there is no one that I am thinking of. Once I am done with the script, I would see who would be the perfect choice and then start approaching actors," he said.
If all goes well, Mapuskar hopes to kick start the project this year itself. "I am hoping to start working this year," he said.
The film will be backed by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, who had produced `Ferrari Ki Sawari` starring Sharman Joshi and Boman Irani in the lead. It had got mixed response from the audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster