`Filmistaan` continues to be `rock steady`
Mumbai: Nitin Kakkar’s National Award winning film `Filmistaan` has managed to generate better business on the fourth day since its release than it did on its opening day.
The film, which released June 6, minted almost Rs.55 lakh Monday.
`Filmistaan` that explores India-Pakistan relationship with comic elements had collected Rs.51 lakh when it hit the screens. It picked up over the weekend and is still doing well.
“‘Filmistaan’ is better on Mon than Fri. Fri 51 lacs, Sat 1.04 cr, Sun 1.26 cr, Mon 54.1 lacs. Total: (Rs.) 3.35 cr nett. India biz. ROCK STEADY!,” trade analyst Taran Adarsh posted on Twitter Tuesday.
The movie, featuring Sharib Hashmi and Inaamulhaq, has also been appreciated by celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan and Vidhu Vinod Chopra.
Apart from winning the best feature film in Hindi title at the 60th National Film Awards 2012, it also got a special jury mention at the 2012 Busan International Film Festival and `The Silver Crow Pheasant Award` for best debut film at the International Film Festival of Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!