`Filmistaan` continues to be `rock steady`
Mumbai: Nitin Kakkar’s National Award winning film `Filmistaan` has managed to generate better business on the fourth day since its release than it did on its opening day.
The film, which released June 6, minted almost Rs.55 lakh Monday.
`Filmistaan` that explores India-Pakistan relationship with comic elements had collected Rs.51 lakh when it hit the screens. It picked up over the weekend and is still doing well.
“‘Filmistaan’ is better on Mon than Fri. Fri 51 lacs, Sat 1.04 cr, Sun 1.26 cr, Mon 54.1 lacs. Total: (Rs.) 3.35 cr nett. India biz. ROCK STEADY!,” trade analyst Taran Adarsh posted on Twitter Tuesday.
The movie, featuring Sharib Hashmi and Inaamulhaq, has also been appreciated by celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan and Vidhu Vinod Chopra.
Apart from winning the best feature film in Hindi title at the 60th National Film Awards 2012, it also got a special jury mention at the 2012 Busan International Film Festival and `The Silver Crow Pheasant Award` for best debut film at the International Film Festival of Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!