`Gangs Of Wasseypur` to be screened at Hong Kong film fest
New Delhi: Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap`s critically acclaimed two-part series ‘Gangs Of Wasseypur’ will be screened at the ongoing 37th Hong Kong International Film Festival.
The Manoj Bajpayee, Richa Chadha, Tigmanshu Dhulia and Huma Qureshi-starrer will be screened at the fest March 29.
A documentary on social activist Sampat Pal and her group, Gulabi Gang, will also be screened. Directed by Nistha Jain, the movie will compete in the documentary section.
Other documentaries in competition will be Joshua Oppenheimer`s ‘The Act of Killing’, Ikeya Kaoru`s ‘Roots’, Delphine Lanson`s ‘Father`s Birth’, Alex Gibney`s ‘Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence In The House Of God’ and Christian Rosta and Claus Strigel`s ‘Redemption Impossible’.
Other Indian movies which will be part of the screening are: ‘The Cloud-Capped Star’, ‘Celluloid Man’, ‘Ship of Theseus’, ‘Meghe Dhaka Tara’, ‘Guru of Silence’, ‘With You Without You’ and ‘21 Chitrakoot’.
The 17-day-long festival will end April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification