`Gori Tere Pyaar Mein` Punit`s love story: Karan Johar
Mumbai: Karan Johar has revealed that his latest production `Gori Tere Pyaar Mein` is an autobiographical drama based on the true life experience of the film`s director Punit Malhotra.
Starring Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor, the film follows the story of a guy who travels all the way to a village from the city he lives in to win his love.
When asked if such things happen in real life, Karan replied: "Today, we are making a revelation... Very honestly, this is a true story. It happened to Punit. He did actually lose a relationship."
The 41-year-old was speaking at the first look launch of the film Tuesday.
In `Gori Tere Pyaar Mein` promo, Imran`s character follows his girlfriend, played by Kareena, to a village where she is working as a social worker.
Further revealing Punit`s love story, Karan said: "He tried to pursue this girl, he crossed a few parts of the country to reach the heartland to woo the woman. She is now married and settled with children."
"This is an autobiographical film. `Gori Tere Pyaar Mein` is Punit`s love story. He never shared the details, but we know there was a girl."
`Gori Tere Pyaar Mein` hits theatres Nov 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop