`Gunday` earns over Rs.40 crore in its opening weekend
New Delhi: Yash Raj Films’ latest offering “Gunday” has collected over Rs.40 crore in three days. It is expected to do well in the next weekend too, says a trade expert.
Director Ali Abbas Zafar`s action thriller, which released Feb 14, has minted Rs.43.93 crore, said a statement.
The movie starring Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra “has managed to draw crowd to cinema halls", says Gautam Dutta, chief operating officer, PVR Cinemas.
“It is one of the much-awaited films. The response is very good. The occupancy (over three days) was about 80 percent. The songs, genre and two young actors with Priyanka... everything is well taken up,” said Dutta.
"We are positive about next weekend too," said Dutta.
He also said that some people liked the first half of the film more than the second half. Irrespective of it, the response has been welcoming.
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who watched "Gunday" at its Mumbai premiere,called it "an adrenaline-packed movie".
"Gunday", made on an approximate budget of Rs.50 crore including promotions, reportedly hit over 2,000 screens across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
- Emraan Hashmi in and as 'Azhar' releases terrific first look on Azharuddin's birthday—See pic!
- Nicolas Cage to star in 'Vengeance: A Love Story'
- Vidya Balan to play 'Begum Jaan' in Mahesh Bhatt's next!
- It's awesome! 'The Jungle Book' trailer will sweep fans off their feet-- Watch