`Gunday` pays tribute to Yash Chopra
Mumbai: Ali Abbas Zafar`s `Gunday` will pay tribute to late filmmaker Yash Chopra with a 60-second montage in the beginning of the film.
Chopra died in 2012 and `Gunday` was the last script he had heard.
It was Zafar`s idea to include a tribute to the filmmaker, known for directing great movies like `Deewaar`, `Kabhi Kabhie` and `Chandni`.
Chopra gave his inputs and suggestions to the director regarding the script of `Gunday`. He told Zafar to shoot the coal mine scenes at the actual location and not recreate it here, which was also his dream during `Kaala Patthar`, said a statement.
"It was Ali Abbas Zafar`s idea, he was very, very keen as this was Yashji`s last script that he had heard. This was an emotional moment for Ali," said a source from Yash Raj Films, which has produced `Gunday` as well.
Releasing Friday, the film features Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not stars but co-stars for Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Know what Amitabh Bachchan is saying about tiger conservation
- Irrfan Khan, Kangana Ranaut to come together for film on Begum Akhtar?