`Gunday` yet another film to be shot in Kolkata
New Delhi: After Sujoy Gosh`s ‘Kahaani’, director Ali Abbas Zafar has chosen Kolkata as the backdrop for his film ‘Gunday’, which stars Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor.
Set in the 1970s and 1980s, the film is about Bikram and Bela who rose from being small time wagon breakers and coal thieves to becoming the biggest and most powerful black marketing mafia-men.
After doing ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ and ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’, this will be Ranveer`s third movie with Yash Raj Films (YRF) banner and the same goes for Arjun, who did ‘Ishaqzaade’ with them and also signed ‘Aurangzeb’.
However, for the first time the two actors are coming together on screen.
The leading lady of the movie is yet to be decided.
Zafar`s directorial debut ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ was a hit of 2011.
To be produced by Aditya Chopra under the YRF banner, ‘Gunday’ will go on floors in December.
Earlier, movies like ‘Yuva’ and ‘Calcutta Mail’ were also shot in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing
- Jena Malone to play Batgirl in 'Batman v Superman'?
- Shah Rukh Khan wraps 'Dilwale' shooting in Bulgaria
- Check out: Glistening and fiery Katrina Kaif in 'Afgan Jalebi' from 'Phantom'
- 'Dilwale' will entertain in Rohit Shetty's style, claims Shah Rukh Khan