`Heroine` performs well in overseas market
New Delhi: Kareena Kapoor-starrer ‘Heroine’ is working wonders in the overseas market.
The Madhur Bhandarkar movie, based on the ups and downs in the life of an actress, was reportedly made at a budget of Rs.20 crore.
It released in 42 screens in the Middle East Thursday, and has earned $350,000, with 19 screens still to report the numbers.
In India, Britain and the US, the movie opened Friday.
It registered Rs.7.5 crore earnings in India, in Britain, it made $78,402 from 41 screens, while in the US, ‘Heroine’ minted $140,000 (it released in 112 screens, and six screens are yet to report the numbers.
"`Heroine` has seen a phenomenal opening in all major international markets. This was a highly anticipated movie and our marketing push has helped pull in massive crowds to theatres. No other female lead has seen such a response in recent years," Amrita Pandey, executive director, Syndication, International Distribution - Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
‘Heroine’ also features Arjun Rampal and Randeep Hooda in key roles. The movie had a strong buzz around it, and it was heavily promoted across all quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!