`Highway` to hit theatres Dec 13
Mumbai: Imtiaz Ali`s next film ‘Highway’, starring Randeep Hooda and Alia Bhatt, will hit the screens Dec 13th. The movie is currently in its second schedule.
Sajid Nadiadwala, who is presenting and releasing ‘Highway’ worldwide, is very excited about the project.
"Come to think of it, it was only last December that we agreed to go ahead with the film. And to start the shoot in March and then stick to the schedules despite being such a tough shoot is quite incredible," Nadiadwala said in a statement.
The movie traverses across the roads of six Indian states and has music by maestro A.R. Rahman, who has been trying to match the film musically to the varied vistas of the film - from Delhi to Rajasthan, Haryana to Himachal, Punjab to Kashmir.
‘Highway’ is a project very close to Ali, known for movies like ‘Jab We Met’, ‘Love Aaj Kal’ and ‘Rockstar’.
After Kareena Kapoor as Geet in ‘Jab We Met’ and Deepika Padukone as Meera in ‘Love Aaj Kal’, this time Alia Bhatt will be seen as Veera.
Though Ali is said to have had an older character in mind, the moment he met young Alia, he knew she suited the character very well, said a source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish's birthday bash!
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser
- Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Simran’ - Release date announced
- Varun Dhawan in Zoya Akhtar’s 'Gully Boy'? Here's the truth
- Release date of Aamir Khan's 'Secret Superstar' revealed!
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!