`Himmatwala` mints Rs.31.14 crore on opening weekend
New Delhi: ‘Himmatwala’ has earned Rs.31.14 crore in the opening weekend and with the film`s success director Sajid Khan`s prediction has come true.
Before the release of the film, he had said: "I don`t read reviews. I do not want any stars. Whenever critics pan my film, it does well at the box office."
His previous box-office hits like ‘Heyy Babby’, ‘Housefull’ and ‘Housefull 2’ didn`t appeal to the critics, but they did roaring business at the ticket window.
The film collected Rs.12.14 crore on Friday, Rs.8.5 crore on Saturday and Rs.10.5 crore on Sunday making the total collection Rs.31.14 crore, said a statement.
The film is a modern version of the 1983 release ‘Himmatwala’ with Ajay Devgn and Tamannaah in the lead roles.
The drama, stunts and masala in the movie seemed to have clicked with the audience.
Anant Verma, director and business head, DT Cinemas, said the film is doing well for itself.
"The film is doing okay and has got decent occupancy. It is for the kind of audience, who want to go for the light fun movies. It has been marketed well," Verma told reporters and added that they are expecting good collection in the first week, "but expecting a dip in the second week."
Sajid says he makes movies to entertain people -- and it seems once again that he has achieved success in doing so with ‘Himmatwala’ .
It is good news for producers Ronnie Screwvala and Vashu Bhagnani also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Angelina Jolie was drug-tested for 'Lara Croft'
- Meri Pyaari Bindu FIRST LOOK out! Parineeti Chopra and Ayushmann Khurrana set for a quirky tale
- Aamir Khan to sign a whopping Rs 20 cr 'Dangal' deal with Netflix?
- Salman Khan wraps up first schedule of 'Tiger Zinda Hai', bids goodbye to freezing Austria!
- Anushka Sharma – Diljit Dosanjh starrer ‘Phillauri’ keeps ‘spirits’ high, earns moderately at Box Office