`Jai Ho`: First 100 crore club member in 2014
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: Salman Khan`s latest `Jai Ho`, has earned Rs 166.33 crore upto its second weekend at the Box Office worldwide. With this announcement that was made by Eros International, the Salman Khan starrer has become the first film to cross the 100 crore mark at the Box Office in the calendar year 2014.
The movie was released in across 5000 plus screens worldwide. The film grossed Rs 133.33 crore (Nett Rs 102.58 crore) at the domestic and Rs 33 crore (US $ 5.4 mn) at the overseas Box Office.
Nandu Ahuja, Sr. VP, India Theatrical, Eros International Media Ltd said, “We are encouraged by the film’s run into its second week. With Uttar Pradesh going tax free which will give a boost to the collections, we are hoping more states will follow”.
Kamal Jain, Group CFO, Eros International Media Ltd, spoke on the film’s performance, “ `Jai Ho` is an action drama with a social message and is slightly different from the usual Salman Khan fare, so the film was sensibly priced keeping this in mind. We are pleased to say that while the film may not have smashed box office records as is the recent trend, it is a profitable venture for us and we are proud to be associated with the film. It is definitely a key film in our portfolio that we will continue to exploit for the next 60 years”.
Produced by Eros International in association with Sohail Khan Productionz and directed by Sohail Khan, the film also stars Tabu, Danny Denzongpa, Daisy Shah in pivotal roles.
`Jai Ho` released worldwide on 24th Jan 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser
- 'Befikre' girl Vaani Kapoor slams 'surgery' reports, says can't afford it!
- Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Simran’ - Release date announced
- Varun Dhawan in Zoya Akhtar’s 'Gully Boy'? Here's the truth
- Release date of Aamir Khan's 'Secret Superstar' revealed!
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!