`Jal` not an art film: Kirti Kulhari
Mumbai: Actress Kirti Kulhari, who is busy promoting her forthcoming movie "Jal", says it`s not an art film but a complete Bollywood masala entertainer.
The movie, directed by first-timer Girish Malik, has done its rounds at various film extravaganzas, including the Busan International Film Festival. This, Kirti believes, must not paint a wrong picture of the movie.
"It`s a myth that once a film goes for festivals, it doesn`t do well commercially. I think some recent films have changed that notion. As far as `Jal` is concerned, it`s not an art film. It`s a complete Bollywood masala film, but it`s not a no-brainer," Kirti told.
The movie is said to have taken around three years to get a commercial release, but Kirti says the wait has been worth it.
"I used to get nervous thinking why it`s taking so long for the release, but this film has been shot on a large canvas and it has to do with lot of graphics.
"This film needed that much of time, but its looking very fresh and fits in today`s film. It was worth the wait," she added.
"Jal" also features Purab Kohli and Tannishtha Chatterjee. The film is slated to release April 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- Aamir Khan to lock horns with Sanjay Dutt at Box Office next year
- Gita Jayanti special: Celebrate the birth of Srimad Bhagavad Gita
- Yash and Radhika Pandit's wedding pictures will melt your heart