`Jewel Thief` hit to feature in `Ragini MMS`
New Delhi: The new age filmmakers` love for retro songs seems to be getting stronger as the popular song `Raat akeli hai` from 1971 hit `Jewel Thief` will feature in Ekta Kapoor`s latest film `Ragini MMS`.
The track composed by late music composer S.D. Burman was picturised on yesteryears` stars Dev Anand and Tanuja and was sung by Asha Bhosle.
However, unlike other filmmakers, Ekta has decided to feature the original track rather than a remixed version.
"Some classic tunes should just not be touched. They should be enjoyed in their purest authentic form. `Raat akeli hai` is sexy enough in its original form and goes very well with the mood of `Ragini MMS`," Ekta said in a statement.
Some of the new films featuring the remixed version of yesteryears` songs are "Pyaar do pyaar lo" in "Thank You", "Dum maaro dum" in Abhishek Bachchan-starrer "Dum Maaro Dum" and "Laila o laila" in Lara Dutta`s first production venture "Challo Dilli".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid reveals how he “connected” with wife Meera
- Too much of praise for Amitabh Bachchan irked other attendees at Tiger event?
- Check out: Here’s Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Leela’ for you
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?
- Salman Khan would definitely like to have a child