`Jhankaar Beats` turns 11, Sujoy Ghosh ecstatic
Mumbai: Sujoy Ghosh, who started his career with hit film `Jhankaar Beats` in 2003, is ecstatic after the musical has completed 11 years. He thanks Pritish Nandy, one of the co-writers of the film, for coming up with such a strong concept.
“11 years of Jhankaar Beats and career today thanks to Pritish Nandy, the man with b***s of steel. faatafaati aadmi,” tweeted Ghosh.
"Jhankaar Beats", a small budget film, boasted a wonderful cast - Juhi Chawla, Sanjay Suri, Rahul Bose, Rinke Khanna, Riya Sen and Shayan Munshi - and their performances complemented Ghosh`s storytelling technique making the film a good watch.
The musical was a tribute to legendary composer Rahul Dev Burman.
Vishal Dadlani, who had composed music for the film along with Shekhar Ravjiani, also tweeted Thursday night: “Tomorrow is the eleventh anniversary of the release of `Jhankaar Beats!` Sujoy, how time flies! Our stupidity is unchanged, thankfully!”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?