`Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...` turns 12 today
Mumbai: On the 12th anniversary of family drama `Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...`, director Karan Johar and lead actor Shah Rukh Khan remember the multi-starrer with fond memories.
Karan, who wrote and directed the film, said it was his late father Yash Johar`s one of the most favourite movies.
"12years of K3G (`Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...`). My dad`s favourite movie... He always cried when he saw it and said Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan reminded him of his dad and him," Karan posted on Twitter.
The movie, which was specifically made to evoke nostalgia among the expatriate Indian audiences, featured an eclectic cast including Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Farida Jalal, Kajol, Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor. Rani Mukerji had also made a guest appearance in the film.
Shah Rukh, who played Bachchan`s adopted son in the movie, tweeted, "This one has a big thank you list... Amit ji, Jaya ji, Hrithik, Kareena, Kajol, Yashji, Faridaji, Grannies, fainting Karan & all phew! K3G a dozen years."
The film was a smashing hit not only in India but also oversees because of the presence of Bollywood A-listers, foot-tapping songs and a strong storyline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!