`Life of Pi`s` enormous technical challenges
London: Bill Westenhoffer, a visual effects supervisor for upcoming movie ‘Life of Pi’, says that the film was one of the most challenging projects he ever worked on.
The movie, based on Yann Martel`s novel of the same name follows the story of a young Indian boy who ends up being shipwrecked in the middle of an ocean, stranded in a life boat with a Tiger.
"The challenge is unsurprising when you think about the task the visual effects team had on their shoulders. We couldn`t have a live, blood thirsty tiger around a young boy all day every day filming, so instead we used a mixture of both a real tiger, and a CGI tiger," he said.
Director Ang Lee of ‘Brokeback Mountain’ fame has helmed the project. He says that "by bringing in the real animal, you set a standard- this is what you have to match."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Influential theatre and opera director Luc Bondy dead at 67
- No one better than Ranveer, Deepika as Bajirao and Mastani: Priyanka
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya