`Lootera` has universal appeal: Ekta Kapoor
Mumbai: TV and film producer Ekta Kapoor says she is proud to have backed the film `Lootera` and plans to show it in advance to her industry friends.
This is the first love story from Balaji Telefilms and on watching the final cut, the makers were so pleased and confident that they decided to show it ahead of its official release.
Starring Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha, `Lootera` releases on July 5.
"Lootera is among the most special films we`ve produced. We`re extremely proud of it. It has great universal appeal and word-of-mouth potential. That`s why we are confident to show it well in advance to people," Ekta said in a statement here.
The makers have planned to host special previews for select invitees from industry and for non-industry people soon, starting from this weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC stalls film; cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification