`Madras Cafe` earnings skyrocketed: John Abraham
Mumbai: Actor-producer John Abraham is thrilled by the box office collection of his second production venture `Madras Cafe`. He thanked everyone for "putting faith in my vision for cinema to get progressive".
The audience and even fellow filmmakers have described the film, which is about the civil war in Sri Lanka, as an "intelligent" attempt.
If reports are to be believed, the movie was made on a budget less than Rs.10 crore. Directed by Shoojit Sircar, it earned over Rs.20 crore in its opening weekend.
“I thank all of you for putting faith in my vision for cinema to get progressive. Collections on this film have skyrocketed. A big thank you,” John, who has acted and co-produced the "Madras Cafe", posted on Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Invest in different kind of bags, be stylish
- Lakme Fashion Week 2016: What made Emraan Hashmi's ramp walk more special! – Details inside
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!