`Madras Cafe` earnings skyrocketed: John Abraham
Mumbai: Actor-producer John Abraham is thrilled by the box office collection of his second production venture `Madras Cafe`. He thanked everyone for "putting faith in my vision for cinema to get progressive".
The audience and even fellow filmmakers have described the film, which is about the civil war in Sri Lanka, as an "intelligent" attempt.
If reports are to be believed, the movie was made on a budget less than Rs.10 crore. Directed by Shoojit Sircar, it earned over Rs.20 crore in its opening weekend.
“I thank all of you for putting faith in my vision for cinema to get progressive. Collections on this film have skyrocketed. A big thank you,” John, who has acted and co-produced the "Madras Cafe", posted on Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'