`Mardaani` first YRF film to get `adults only` certificate
Zee Media Bureau/Parul Sabherwal
New Delhi: The much awaited Rani Mukerji-starrer film `Mardaani` has landed itself an `A` certificate, leaving the the producers unhappy. This will be the first Yash Raj Films flick that has got an `adults only` certificate from the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
According to reports, Aditya Chopra himself had a word with the Board representatives about the certificate. He tried to explain to the officials that the subject was such that it should be seen by everyone of the age of 12 years and above. But, the authorities turned a deaf ear to his request.
As per reports, `Mardaani` has some scenes and dialogues that compelled the censor board to pass off the film with an `A` certificate only. However, YRF chief Aditya Chopra reportedly wanted that a strong message that the film wants to convey should reach all, especially girls in the vulnerable age group of 12 years and above.
Directed by Pradeep Sarkar `Mardaani` is based on human trafficking. It is all set to hit the silver screen on August 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!