`Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola` gets U/A certificate
Mumbai: Vishal Bhardwaj`s upcoming romantic comedy `Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola` has been given U/A certificate from the Censor Board of Film Certification.
Produced by Bhardwaj along with Fox Star Studios, this is the first film of the filmmaker which has got the U/A rating, making the movie fit for family audiences, including those under 18.
All the 47-year-old director`s previous hits `7 Khoon Maaf`, `Ishqiya` and `Kaminey` had got the A certificate.
"I`ve always wanted my films to reach out to a wider audience. Finally with MKBKM, not restricted by the `A` rating, I`ll be able to do so. I`d like to thank the CBFC for giving this rating as it`s a bright and happy film," Bhardwaj said in a statement.
The film had initially run into trouble with Pankaj Kapur`s character Pancho, which the CBFC felt, sounded like a Hindi expletive.
The film, which is set in a village of Haryana, also stars Anushka Sharma and Imran Khan in lead roles. The film hits theatres on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!