`Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola` gets U/A certificate
Mumbai: Vishal Bhardwaj`s upcoming romantic comedy `Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola` has been given U/A certificate from the Censor Board of Film Certification.
Produced by Bhardwaj along with Fox Star Studios, this is the first film of the filmmaker which has got the U/A rating, making the movie fit for family audiences, including those under 18.
All the 47-year-old director`s previous hits `7 Khoon Maaf`, `Ishqiya` and `Kaminey` had got the A certificate.
"I`ve always wanted my films to reach out to a wider audience. Finally with MKBKM, not restricted by the `A` rating, I`ll be able to do so. I`d like to thank the CBFC for giving this rating as it`s a bright and happy film," Bhardwaj said in a statement.
The film had initially run into trouble with Pankaj Kapur`s character Pancho, which the CBFC felt, sounded like a Hindi expletive.
The film, which is set in a village of Haryana, also stars Anushka Sharma and Imran Khan in lead roles. The film hits theatres on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Sunil Grover OUT of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'? Here's the TRUTH
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh's 'Phillauri' makes Rs 12 cr ahead of its release! Here's how
- Lara Dutta Bhupathi to play a single mother in her next
- Vidya Balan was destined to do 'Begum Jaan': Srijit Mukherji
- 'Golmaal Again' team meets 'Smurfs: The Lost Village' and you have to see the PICTURE!
- Raveena Tandon's 'Maatr' first look poster OUT!