`OMG` is for god-fearing people: Mithun Chakraborty
New Delhi: ‘Oh My God’ is not against any religion but a comedy-drama that will help people to understand the need to love god, says Bollywood star Mithun Chakraborty, who acts as a godman in the film.
"I play the character of a godman in the film and I have realise that we worship god because we are afraid of him. We actually worship our superstitions lying inside us. Through this film, we want to spread the message that if we love god whole-heartedly then he will eradicate every problem of us," says the 62-year-old National Award winning actor.
The film had a low-key premiere at the Sirifort Auditorium here this evening. Other cast members including Paresh Rawal, director Umesh Shukla and script writer Bhavesh Mandalia too turned up for the event.
Minister of Information & Broadcasting Ambika Soni also attended the red carpet.
Akshay Kumar, who plays a cameo in the film, could not attend the screening. His wife Twinkle gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.
’Oh My God’ has raised eyebrows from some quarters who alleged that it has hurt religious sentiments and a complaint has been filed in Jalandhar against the actors and producer of the film.
"We haven`t got the information yet. But the main aim of making this film was never to hurt sentiments of any religion. The film is not against any religion or god. It`s a light-hearted comedy film," says Shukla.
The film is about the life of a person, who begins to disbelieve in god after a tornado destroys his antique store.
Asked about the message the film tries to give, Rawal says, "We should look for god within ourself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?