`Paani` is a mission: Shekhar Kapur
Mumbai: Acclaimed director Shekhar Kapur, who is known for making films like ‘Masoom’, ‘Mr India’ and ‘Bandit Queen’, has termed his new work ‘Paani’ a mission.
"`Paani` is a film, but much more. `Paani` is a passion, but much more. `Paani` is a mission," Kapur tweeted Saturday.
The film is based in a future world where wars over water have broken out. Water is now owned by international corporations who use thirst as a weapon of control. In one such future city, a young love story breaks all the rules and in the ensuing war, water flows back to its people.
The 66-year-old`s ambitious project kept getting delayed until Yash Raj Films came on board, and agreed to be the producers of the film.
It was reported that Hrithik Roshan will essay the male lead. But no confirmation has been made yet.
‘Paani’ will go on floors mid-2013 and will be shot in India and overseas. It will have music by the Oscar-winning musician A.R.Rahman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'