`Pehle Aap Janab` a tribute to Lucknow: Sudhir Mishra
Mumbai: Filmmaker Sudhir Mishra says his production venture `Pehle Aap Janab`, all set to go on floors this year, will be a tribute to his home town.
The film was earlier titled `Mehrunissa`, but now it has been renamed `Pehle Aap Janab`.
"The film is set in Lucknow and I want to shoot the major portions there. Besides, a set will also be created. I come from Lucknow and the film will be a tribute to the city of Lucknow," Mishra, who is co-producing the film with Shahnaab Alam, said.
He added: "It`s a very funny place where people even abuse with a lot of respect. Who says it is a city of nawabs, it`s a city of professionals."
Sudhir says the script has been sent to Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor.
"We have sent the script to Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor. It wil be a comedy and it will be very funny. It`s about two people who don`t talk to each other."
Nikhil Advani, who was co-producing it earlier, recently walked out of the project. But his exit has not affected the film at all.
Alam said that "the film will go on floors this year".
"We are working on the logistics. Once we get a clear picture, we will be in a better position to talk," he added.
`Pehle Aap Janab` features Chitrangada Singh in the lead role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twinkle Khanna reveals her healthy alternatives!
- Priyanka Chopra feels 'blessed' to work with Blair Underwood, Aunjanue Ellis!
- Pakistani actors already home before MNS threat to leave India
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Pearl V Puri joins 'Nagarjun - Ek Yoddha'
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!