`Queen` neither about Marilyn Monroe, nor showbiz: Kangana
Mumbai:Actress Kangana Ranaut has said that her character in the film `Queen` has got nothing to do with the late Hollywood actress Marilyn Monroe`s life or even with show business.
"`Queen` is the story of a very naive girl who lives in the Delhi suburbs and goes on her honeymoon alone. To know why, you`ll have to watch the film," the 26-year-old said here Friday at the unveiling of the latest cover of Cine Blitz magazine featuring her.
"`Queen` is one character I play that will be the most sensitive and vulnerable girl ever. It is not related to Marilyn Monroe or showbiz at all," she added.
`Queen`, directed by Vikas Bahl, will have its world premiere at the ongoing 18th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) in the Window on Asian Cinema section.
BIFF began Thursday and concludes Oct 12.
Kangana, who has essayed myriad roles convincingly in movies like `Gangster`, `Fashion` and `Tanu Weds Manu`, says she found her most challenging role in the movie `Revolver Rani`.
"It may sound very cliched, but honestly, the most challenging role for me till date has been of `Revolver Rani`. I play a dacoit-cum-politician. It is a mix of supergirl plus vulnerable girl plus `Queen` plus everything. So that was most challenging," Kangana said.
`Revolver Rani`, produced by Tigmanshu Dhulia and directed by Sai Kabir, stars Vir Das opposite Kangna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Jacqueline Fernandez dates a superhero! Brand new poster of Tiger Shroff's 'A Flying Jatt' is super cute- See poster
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut