`Race 2` rakes in the moolah overseas
New Delhi: After minting money at the Indian box-office, director duo Abbas-Mustan`s ‘Race 2’ has got an overwhelming response in the overseas market too. The film has already collected $3.5 million.
The movie is a sequel to 2008 film ‘Race’.
Made at Rs.60 crore, the film released Jan 25 across 3,200 screens. The action thriller earned Rs.51.35 crore in its opening weekend at Indian box-office.
In its weekend, the movie collected $1 million in the Gulf market and $1 million in the US and Britain.
"`Race 2` has seen an incredible response by the audiences across international markets! People have braved the weather conditions in UK and on the East Coast in the US and come to watch the movie in theatres," said Amrita Pandey, executive director - syndication, international distribution & Disney media distribution, Studios, Disney UTV.
"The box office in markets like Australia, UK, North America has seen a significant jump on Saturday and Sunday," Pandey added.
The film, produced by UTV Motion Pictures and TIPS, features actors Saif Ali Khan, Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Jacqueline Fernandez dates a superhero! Brand new poster of Tiger Shroff's 'A Flying Jatt' is super cute- See poster
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut