`Raja Hindustani` can be taken forward: Karisma Kapoor
Mumbai: As sequels to movies like ‘Aashiqui’ and ‘Ghayal’ are underway, actress Karisma Kapoor believes that among her old films, the storyline of ‘Raja Hindustani’ has scope to be taken forward.
In the 1996 film, Karisma played Aarti, a rich but simple girl, who falls in love with Raja, a local taxi driver.
"Sometimes I always think with `Raja Hindustani`, you would want to know what happened between Raja and Aarti because it culminated at the marriage point. So it would be interesting and that (movie) has a story line to go forward," Karisma said.
Both Aamir and Karisma had won the Filmfare best actor and best actress award for the movie.
Karisma, who has earlier portrayed strong roles in films like ‘Fiza’ and ‘Zubeidaa’, says it`s an added responsibility to do women-centric projects.
"We as actors should look at it like that (added responsibility). We should do a film because the role might inspire the audience and what basically matters is your audience should love you and love your film," the 38-year-old said.
Karisma had recently made a comeback with Vikram Bhatt`s ‘Dangerous Ishhq’, which didn`t fare too well at the box office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!