`Satya 2` will reinvent underworld, says Ram Gopal Varma
Mumbai: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma says the sequel to his 1998 film ‘Satya’ is about a man who will reinvent the underworld.
Varma took to the microblogging site Twitter to share information on ‘Satya 2’.
"`Satya` was a man who came in 1998, got into the underworld and died... `Satya 2` is about a man who comes in 2013 to reinvent the underworld,” he tweeted.
The cast of the 1998 film included southern actor J.D. Chakravarthy along with Manoj Bajpayee and Urmila Matondkar. It was the story of a man called Satya who comes to Mumbai in search of a job, but instead gets involved in the underworld and dies.
Varma says that ‘Satya 2’ will be beyond the underworld standards and thoughts.
He tweeted: “`Satya 2` is about a man whose thinking starts where all the earlier real life dons like Dawood Ibrahims and Chota Rajans thinking ended.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!