`Sholay 3D` budget is Rs 20 - 22 crore: Producer
Mumbai: The much-awaited 3D version of epic film `Sholay`, set to release Jan 3, has been made on a budget of approximately Rs.20 crore, which includes restoration and conversion, says producer Sascha Sippy.
Sascha is the grandson of late filmmaker G.P. Sippy, who had originally produced Amitabh Bachchan-Dharmendra starrer "Sholay", directed by his son Ramesh Sippy.
"It took two years to make `Sholay` and three years to restore and convert it into 3D. As far as the budget is concerned, it is close to Rs.20 crore to Rs.22 crore, which also includes the marketing and publicity of the film besides restoration and conversion costs," Sascha told IANS.
The original "Sholay" was reportedly made on a Rs.4 crore budget.
"We had this idea for a very long time as there is a great respect for the movie and we wanted the new generation to watch it. We started working on it 3 years back. We thought converting it in 3D was a phenomenal idea," Sascha added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Taylor Swift beats Kim Kardashian, Beyonce to reach 50 mn Instagram followers
- Sex with Caitlyn on plane, 'most embarrassing' for Kris Jenner
- Shiv Sena lambasts Delhi, WB govts for inviting Ghulam Ali
- Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' faces plagiarism charges
- Haraamkhor' team ecstatic over India premiere